Thinking of Adding Video & Wondering How Much it Might Cost?
The cost for adding video depends on your needs and budget.
It can be done inexpensively, or can cost thousands of dollars.
Here are considerations that determine cost:
- How many camera angles are desired?
- What is the size of the room?
- What is the ceiling height? Is the ceiling drop-tiled or solid (for wiring)? Is there good lighting?
- How many council members at the dais?
- Any other staff positions that should be included in the shot?
- Do you want a shot of the speaker at the podium? Shot of the audience?
- Do you want to zoom in on individual council members, or is a wide-shot of all members acceptable?
If you can provide answers to these questions, our hardware division can put together a quote for you.
Here are some examples of price ranges for different set-ups:
- Single fixed camera mounted in the back of the room with zoom-able lens capturing a wide shot of entire council ~ $500 - $750
- Two fixed cameras (one back of room pointed at council, one behind council pointed at podium), manual switcher ~ $1,000 - $1,500
- Same as above, but auto-switched based on podium mic ~ $1,500 - $2,000
- Single PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) camera, manual joystick control ~ $2,500 - $3,000
More Expensive Options:
- Single PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) camera, DSP Mixer, auto-switching, camera angle pre-sets ~ $10,000 - $12,000
- Two PTZ cameras, DSP mixer, auto-switching, camera angle pre-sets ~ $12,000 - $15,000
- Two PTZ cameras, One Fixed camera, DSP mixer, auto-switching, camera angle pre-sets ~ $13,000 - $16,000
- Two PTZ cameras, Presentation Video, DSP mixer, auto-switching, camera angle pre-sets ~ $13,000 - $16,000
- Two PTZ cameras, One Fixed camera, Presentation, DSP mixer, auto-switching, camera angle pre-sets ~ $14,000 - $17,000
- Microphone Upgrade ~ $3,000 - $4,000
- Sound Reinforcement (Room Speakers) ~ $1,000 - $3,000
These are ballpark ranges, not quotes. These ranges should typically cover installation by a local installer. Once we have determined what the City’s needs are, AVCA Hardware can provide an accurate quote.
If you are currently recording audio with our software, there is no cost to upgrade. However, it may require a plan change. Our Legislative Basic plan provides 500 hours of Audio-Only in Public Access. With Audio/Video, that limit is 100 hours, so your city/town may want to consider upgrading to the Legislative Plus plan. That plan provides 500 hours of Audio/Video in Public Access and includes Live Streaming.
We can help you with A/V hardware quotes and recording software.
Contact us for more information.